This is an in-house training. To enquire about booking this training for your school please email the course leader.
Peer mentoring programmes are an effective way to support the mental health, resilience and wellbeing of pupils who feel vulnerable and isolated. By having peers support one another, children and young people can practice their communication skills and often feel more comfortable talking to a peer than an adult.
This training course aims to explore: -
- How a peer mentoring programme can support the SEMH of children and young people.
- What makes a good peer mentor.
- Criteria for recruiting peer mentors.
- Ideas of what a peer mentoring programme looks like and how it can work.
- Resources and tool kits to train and support mentors in their role.