It is vital that all staff have a basic understanding of Mental Health, what it is and the common mental health problems that they may need to support young people.
The training course aims to cover the following:-
- Identifying the signs, symptoms, and behavioural changes of a range of mental health conditions.
- Explore a range of mental health conditions and triggers that contribute to poor mental health.
- Identify how mental health conditions and triggers can present themselves within children and young people.
- Supporting and promoting the recovery of mental health and wellbeing.
- Developing knowledge to recognise and respond to issues of mental health through basic psychological informed first aid
- Developing self-help/self-care strategies and school initiatives.