Our incredibly multicultural and diverse society continues to thrive as we evolve and learn with one another. However, racism remains deeply rooted in some aspects of our society and the impact this has upon young people is profound. Racism is a topic that is often confusing as power and politics come into play and can often leave staff underprepared in supporting pupils who face it.
The training will aim to explore -
· Defining racism and understanding where it comes from
· Understanding terminology of race and ethnicity
· Unpicking institutionalised racism and micro aggressions
· The impact of racism on young people and their mental health
· Supporting and protecting young people who face racism