This newly developed training straddles both areas of RSE and Social & Emotional Health, and has been designed to support all staff at any level with increasing their understanding around diversity, inclusion and what it means to be anti-racist. The training has been designed to increase CPD and launch into a brand new Anti-Racism programme that we have developed at Healthy Schools. Schools signed up to the training will be granted access to the teaching resources.
The training covers the following -
- An introduction to Gender, Sexual Orientation and LGBT+ inclusion
- Protected Characteristics & upholding the Equality Act & OFSTED guidance within schools
- Challenging stereotypes, gender norms and disablist language
- Promoting inclusive language in all subject lessons
- An introduction and background into why Anti-Racism culture needs to be adopted into schools
- Terminology around Race and Ethnicity
- Defining Racism
- Addressing Systemic Racism
- Further reading regards to Race and Ethnicity
For all staff in school including non-teaching staff, SLT, office workers & lunchtime organisers
This course is FREE of charge to Manchester schools who have completed the current Health Check. For schools outside of Manchester please contact email@example.com for fees.