Working in and ACE aware and trauma informed way is essential in providing the most appropriate and effective support for individuals and families who have lived experience of trauma.
The course will: -
- Provide an understanding of ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences).
- Show the effect of trauma and toxic stress on our body and brain.
- Explore how to put protective factors in place and build resilience with those we work with.
- Discuss how being trauma informed can influence our practice and behaviour.
Participants will be able to: -
- Explain the different types of adverse experiences including those in the Community.
- State the impact of toxic stress has on brain and body development.
- Explain how practitioners can work with individuals, and families to build resilience.
- Explain the principles of a trauma informed and responsive approach.
- Provide examples from their own practice of how to build resilience and adopt trauma responsive approaches
Anyone who works directly with children, young people and their families.