This course seeks to give all staff the confidence in having those ‘difficult conversations’ with young people around relationships and sex. The aim of the training is to give teachers and educators a skills-based approach to teaching RSE which enables young people to safeguard themselves and promotes engagement in the lessons.
Key themes will include:-
- Statutory RSE guidance
- Safeguarding yourself and your pupils
- The changing nature of RSE content
- Dealing with sensitive topics and questions
- Increasing engagement with RSE amongst pupils
- Strategies for delivering the RSE curriculum
- Resources to support delivery of RSE within the curriculum
This course is open to all staff who deliver RSE in a primary, secondary or special school setting.
This course is free of charge to all Manchester schools who are engaged with the 2021/22 Healthy Schools Programme.
Course Booking Information
To book this course to be delivered to staff in your school please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred dates and times. This course can be tailored to meet the needs of staff and pupils in your school setting.
Course Day(s) / Time
No event dates are currently set.