This two-hour training session will help schools to identify the key requirements for effective drug and alcohol education and understand the vital steps for the school to build on their existing competencies and improve the provision of drugs and alcohol education. An overview of drugs awareness and issues relating to young people is included in the training to increase staff knowledge and confidence to be able to teach about drugs and relevant issues.
- Articulate the Quality Standards for effective drug and alcohol education in the classroom.
- Identify risk and protective factors for drug and alcohol use amongst young people.
- Recognise names and types of drugs; their effects and the most commonly used substances.
- Examine the reasons that young people may use drugs.
- Describe the possible signs of substance misuse in young people and be aware of the referral pathways for young people who present in school as misusing substances.
This course is open to all staff who work within a school setting.
This course is provided free of charge to Manchester schools that have prioritised Drug and Alcohol Education through the health check.
Course Booking Information
This training is delivered in-house as either an inset or a twilight session. If you would like to book this training session or require more information then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
If you are interested in our training but are from another organisation then please contact us to find out about our bespoke training packages/current fees and charges.
Course Day(s) / Time
No event dates are currently set.